Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: 100D reversal

  1. #1
    Inactive Member GREATwarEAGLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2002
    Posts
    530
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Has anyone (this means you Nigel) shot the new Kodak 16mm reversal 100D stock?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you are talking about the 5285--It isn't made in 16mm. Well unless something changed since I spoke with my Kodak rep about it a week ago. In 35mm it is great!!! The best reversal stock next to Velvia. However, I think Fuji stopped making Velvia in their MP line.

    Let's cross our fingers and hope that Kodak does the 85 in 16mm.....It would be great.

    Good Luck
    PS--What are you shooting??

  3. #3
    Inactive Member GREATwarEAGLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2002
    Posts
    530
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    EASTMAN Color Reversal Introducing a new film that has color abuzz KODAK EKTACHROME 100D Color Reversal Film 7285 Intense saturation + true 100 speed, Technical Data, Catalog Numbers and Ordering, Processing Information, FAQ Questions and Comments about EKTACHROME 100D Product Demonstration Video Now you have a 100-speed color reversal motion picture film designed for daylight. Whether you're shooting ads, music videos, documentaries, television, or features, it delivers intensely saturated color, plus a neutral gray scale and accurate skin tones. All with a sharpness you won't find in any other 100-speed reversal film.

    That's what you'll find when you go to this web site:
    http://www.16mmfilmstock.com/100d.html

    So I caled them up. Turns out because it's so expensive ($75) for a 100ft roll it never really took off. They didn't mass produce it. The guy I spoke to, Richard, said he has 3 rolls left and that's it. Kodak gave up before they really began with it.

    I considered buying but turned him down nicely. He added that there have only been 2 peope in the world who have shot with this stock - I'd be the third. Wether that's true or just a pitch, I wasnt interested. I dont think he was lying, there was nothing "salesman" like about him and he mentioned only once and casualy - didnt persist.

    But, you Nigel, you could be the THIRD GUY.

    ....oooooohh

    Actually, I bet you could buy it and probaly get like 3 times that amount on ebay. But Im not even interested in going through all that.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member GREATwarEAGLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2002
    Posts
    530
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The guy I spoke to, Richard, said it came fom Kodak. But like I said, I guess because of high cost - it didn't really catch on.

    I can't remember exactly everything he said. Try giving him a call. He was pretty easy to talk to.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So GWE--

    Is this actually Kodak cut 16mm stock or is this stuff that was cut down by this company??

    The stock is great. I tell my Kodak rep all the time that I want it in 16mm--I just don't think it is going to happen right now. We will see what will come about after this year when the big K revamps their MP stocks.

    Good Luck

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •